How to do the Assembly & Operate your kettleCADDY Pizza Oven
Safety of the kettleCADDY Pizza Oven
- Always be sure to use your kettleCADDY Products responsibly and study the safety guidelines before you start using this product.
- During the use of this Woodfired Pizza Oven, it will reach temperatures in excess of 350°C and should never be left unattended – especially when there are children around.
- Your kettleCADDY must never be used in the vicinity of flammables.
- For the safety of the environment, hot ash should remain inside the Pizza Oven until fully extinguished or burnt-up.
- It is recommended NOT to use the kettleCADDY Pizza Oven indoors.
- Keep a fire extinguisher handy whenever using the Pizza Oven.
- REMEMBER: Rather safe, than sorry. ENJOY!
What’s in the BOX
- Pizza Oven Ring 57cm / 22.8in (S/Steel) (with profiles to fit the 57cm / 22.8in charcoal kettle grill drum & lid)
- Pizza Oven Carry-handles (S/Steel with polurethane handle grips)
- Pizza Stone Support Bar (S/Steel)
- Support Bar Bottom (S/Steel)
- Pizza Stone Rotator Wheel (S/Steel)
- Barrier Basket (S/Steel)
- Pizza Stone (34cm x 25mm) / (13.6in x ¾in) (can be heated to 400°+ Celsius and bakes pizzas within 2-3 minutes)
- Pizza Stone Stopper Plate (S/Steel)
- Pizza Paddle/Peel (S/Steel with polyurethane handle)
- Pizza Lifter Spatula (S/Steel with polyurethane handle)
How to prepare your kettleCADDY to bake Pizzas
Find a suitable safe & solid area for the Charcoal Kettle Grill unit. Remove the lid off the bottom drum and place it in a safe area close to the kettle.
Place the Barrier Basket on the bottom grill as shown in the (illustration below) and take the standard firelighter and place 4–5 small pieces on the outside parameter of the Barrier Basket and then light the firelighter.
As soon as the firelighter burns thoroughly, gently pour the charcoal (illustrated below) on top of the burning firelighter. Leave the charcoal until all the coals burn properly.
Place a few (4-5) pieces of wood on top of the hot charcoal. Be sure to use wood that is dry and as thin as a man’s ring finger (Black wattle, Blue gum or even pine) – it needs to flame-up easily and burn constantly.
First place the Pizza Stone on the Pizza Stone Rotator Wheel and then fit the Pizza Oven Ring onto the Kettle Drum and make sure that the Pizza Slot Opening is positioned away from the flames. Once the wood fires up and burns properly, place the Kettle-lid on top of the Pizza Oven Ring. This is to heat the Pizza Stone to the required temperature – pre-heat the Pizza Stone inside your CADDY for at least 20-30 minutes. REMEMBER: The temperature of the Pizza Stone is key to the success of baking your pizzas.
Be sure not to use wood that is too thick! The quicker the wood can fire up, the better your baking process.
HOW TO BAKE PIZZA IN THE kettleCADDY PIZZA OVEN
1. Use pre-baked pizza bases – it is more convenient. Pre-heat your KITCHEN OVEN at 180◦C for 15 minutes. Place the raw rolled-out pizza base on a pan and bake for max 60 seconds. Repeat the process until you have enough pizza bases for your baking.
2. Prepare your pizza toppings before you light the fire.
3. Prepare your first pizza with the tomato paste and toppings to be ready for the first baking.
4. Use your PIZZA PADDLE to slide the pizza through the PIZZA OVEN OPENING onto the PIZZA STONE. (Picture)
5. Bake the Pizza for 2 to 3 minutes – if it takes longer than 3 minutes, the PIZZA STONE is not hot enough OR you do not have adequate heat (flames) in the chamber. Flames should be visible throughout the baking cycle.
6. Use your LIFTER SPATULA to manually turn your PIZZA STONE to ensure an even baking of your pizza.(Picture)
7. Remove the KETTLE LID at any stage during the baking cycle when your chamber needs a bit of air to get the flames going again. Normally it will take a few seconds and as soon as the flames fire up properly, close the lid and continue with your baking cycle.
8. If you follow the instructions carefully, the result will amaze you – everytime! ENJOY the feast.
HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR kettleCADDY PIZZA OVEN
1. Taking care of your CADDY will give you better results every time. It is relatively easy to maintain and doing so will maximise the performance and enhance longevity.
2. Clean just the outside of the unit with warm soapy water with a soft sponge
3. DO NOT wash the Pizza Stone with water and soap – simply scrape the Pizza Stone after use whilst it is still hot by removing any dough and/or food from the surface of the Stone. This procedure will maximise the lifespan of your Pizza Stone
4. You can leave your CADDY on top of your Charcoal Kettle Grill when not in use.